Getting Started

Outdoor Setup

Contact Bay Laurel Catering in the early stages of your event planning and provide the basic information on your event: date, time, location and type of event (buffet, served, reception or refreshment break) so that Bay Laurel Catering can schedule time to service your event. Other details, such as guest count, menu and décor, may be provided/determined later.

To begin your catering order, determine the following items:

  • The date(s) of your event
  • The event location and room
  • The time you would like the catering set up and ready to go
  • The time you would like us to break down and clear the service
  • Approximate number of how many guests attending
  • The type of food and beverage service are you looking for

Bay Laurel Catering can also assist you with all aspects of navigating event planning around campus. Our Catering Sales Representatives can connect you with everything from event parking to recycling. We have conveniently listed campus resources below and would be happy to assist you in answering questions or solving the unique challenges of your event!

Event Space and Facilities

Catering Sales Representatives can assist you with reserving space in the following HFS-operated facilities. Please send us an email for availability, rates and information.

  • Alder Hall
  • Haggett Hall (PDF)
  • Hansee Hall
  • HUB Reservations  phone 206-543-8191
  • Lander Hall
  • McMahon Hall

There are many other facilities on campus that provide event space for rent. You can contact the building coordinators directly for more information and reservations.

Parking Services

Alert Commuter Services when holding an event on campus, and they can assist you with parking rates and reservations.

Recycling and Composting

Many buildings on campus have recycling and compost bins already. First, contact your building coordinator or reservation’s contact to see what is available. If you need to order additional bins, you can contact Facilities Services. Please have the menu and estimated guest count available for them to help determine your needs.

Audio and Visual

Classroom Support Services can assist you with your A/V needs. They have everything from A/V equipment to table rentals.

Banquet Permit and Special Occasion License

You must obtain permission from the UW prior to serving alcohol on the UW campus. For information and forms for alcohol service on campus, please see our Payment and Policies page.

Use of University Facilities by Non-UW Organizations

Approval from the Use of University Facilities Committee (UUFC) is required for all non-UW organizations or individuals desiring to use space on the UW campus for any function. In addition, requests from faculty, staff, and registered or other official student organizations wishing to use space on the UW campus for events that include members of the general public must also be approved by the UUFC. Please view the UUF Info page for more information.