Meeting Facilities

conference guests

Residence Hall Meeting Facilities

HFS residence hall facilities offer meeting spaces that include study rooms, dining rooms, expandable conference rooms, meeting/breakout rooms, lounges, patios, an auditorium and reception areas. The Alder Commons provides a multifunctional facility with state-of-the-art A/V equipment, breakout rooms, an auditorium and a foyer area perfect for any conference or event.

Many of these areas are suitable for registration purposes. In addition, there are smaller lounges on most floors of the living areas where overnight summer conference guests may gather informally.

Reservation Requests

All meeting spaces require advance reservations, with requests made no later than three business days prior to the event. Instructions are included on the forms below.

  • UW Department, Registered Student Organization (RSO) or off-campus group: Online request form

Conference Services will process and confirm your event reservation by email within three business days. Submission of a request does not guarantee a reservation. Only requests for which an emailed confirmation has been issued by the Conference Services Office are valid.

UW Campus Meeting Facilities

The UW Seattle campus has many facilities that offer a variety of options for meeting organizers. Other facilities on campus include UW classrooms, the Husky Union Building, Kane Hall, Mary Gates Hall and the Meany Theater.

A/V Equipment Policy

Please contact Conference Services about your A/V needs and requirements and with details about your audio amplification plans in order to ensure proper equipment preparation. Functionality or availability of built-in audio/visual technology is not guaranteed by HFS. To request equipment rental and support, please contact Classroom Technology & Events (CTE) and fill out a CTE equipment request form. Electronic amplification may not be used without prior, written approval from the Resident Director of the host residence hall. The reserving party must arrange for appropriate licensing prior to screening films. Permissions must be provided in writing to the Conference Services Office.